Unfortunately, the term “debt relief” has become synonymous with scams. There are a multitude of companies – dealing in tax debt relief and in debt consolidation – that have taken advantage of consumers by over-promising and under-delivering. In some cases, debt consolidators have even sold individuals on high interest loans that leave them worse off than they were before.
In a world of get-rich-quick schemes and short-lived businesses with the sole purpose of large profits, it is incredibly important to do your research when seeking out any debt relief agency. In fact, it was for this exact reason the Better Business Bureau (BBB) came to exist.
The Better Business Bureau
The BBB is a nonprofit group with more than a century of experience in the review of businesses throughout the U.S. To state it plainly, this consumer advocacy group works to inform the public on trustworthy (and not-so-trustworthy) businesses.
The BBB reports on things like consumer complaints and customer reviews. They also investigate internal business practices and marketing initiatives to ensure honesty and transparency.
Meaning of an A+ Rating
Ratings on the BBB are similar to grades, with A+ representing the most trustworthy level of business standards.
There are eight major components all businesses are graded on (as taken from the BBB website):
- Build Trust – A business must show a positive track record in the marketplace.
- Advertise Honestly – No bait-and-switch advertising or false promises.
- Tell the Truth – This includes proper disclosures on all products and services.
- Be Transparent – Openly identify things like ownership, policies, guarantees and procedures.
- Honor Promises – Honor any written or verbal agreements.
- Be Responsive – Make a good faith effort to resolve any disputes or complaints.
- Safeguard Privacy – Properly handle all data and respect the privacy wishes of customers.
- Embody Integrity – Maintain high standards of honesty, while keeping customer needs at the forefront
If an organization meets a high level of execution in all of these areas, they will be granted the coveted A+ rating.
Direct Tax Relief’s Standing with the BBB
For the past eight years, DTR has maintained an exceptional, A+ rating with the BBB. This is due in part to the number of years we’ve been in business, our low number of consumer complaints (and our handling of such) and the overall integrity with which we run our company.
If it sounds like we’re bragging, you’re right! Honestly, we are proud to be a debt relief agency that is working for our clients. And the best part is, our customers echo our A+ rating!
Want to see our BBB rating for yourself? Click here.
Interested in our customer reviews? Here you go!
Ready to let us tackle your tax debt? Give us a call at 1-877-505-4829.